If you have a parent brand that manages brands, franchises, or other entities under the parent name and want to obtain an independent EIN for accounting purposes, use form SS-4 from the Internal Revenue Service to request your EIN.

Use Form SS-4 to apply for an employer identification number (EIN). An EIN is a 9-digit number (for example, 12-3456789) assigned to employers, sole proprietors, corporations, partnerships, estates, trusts, certain individuals, and other entities for tax filing and reporting purposes.

Note: Keep the Form SS-4 information current. Use Form 8822-B to report changes to your responsible party, address or location. Changes in responsible parties must be reported to the IRS within 60 days.

IRS Form SS-$ Options:

Instructions for Form SS-4
IRS Form SS-4Download
Apply for EIN OnlineApply for EIN 
Understanding Your Employer Identification Number (EIN)View Publication 1635 

For more information visit www.irs.gov or call the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) at1-800-829-1040